Mission, Vision & Shared Values
The Department shall ensure peace and order, public safety and security, uphold excellence in local governance and enable resilient and inclusive communities
A highly trusted Department and Partner in nurturing local governments and sustaining peaceful, safe, progressive, resilient, and inclusive communities towards a comfortable and secure life for Filipinos by 2040
DILG Shared Values
Ang DILG ay Matino, Mahusay at Maaasahan
Goals & Objectives
- Peaceful, safe, self-reliant and development-dominated communities;
- Improve performance of local governments in governance, administration, social and economic development and environmental management;
- Sustain peace and order condition and ensure public safety.
- Reduce crime incidents and improve crime solution efficiency
- Improve jail management and penology services
- Improve fire protection services
- Continue professionalization of PNP, BFP and BJMP personnel and services
- Enhance LGU capacities to improve their performance and enable them to effectively and efficiently deliver services to their constituents
- Continue to initiate policy reforms in support of local autonomy
DILG Quality Policy
We, the DILG imbued with the core values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Responsiveness, commit to formulate sound policies on strengthening local government capacities, performing oversight function over LGUs, and providing rewards and incentives. We pledge to provide effective technical and administrative services to uphold excellence in local governance and enhance the service delivery of our Regional and Field Offices to become trusted partners in nurturing local governments and sustaining peaceful, safe, progressive, resilient, and inclusive communities.
We commit to continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System compliant with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and international standards gearing towards organizational efficiency in pursuing our mandate and achieving our client’s satisfaction.
We commit to consistently demonstrate a "Matino, Mahusay, at Maasahang Kagawaran Para sa Mapagkalinga at Maunlad na Pamahalaang Lokal".