TUGUEGARAO CITY, CAGAYAN, JUNE 3, 2020 – In accordance with IATF-EID Resolution No. 34 series of 2020, the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases of Region 2 was formally organized on May 14, 2020. With the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) as its Chair, and the Department of Health, Centers for Health Development (DOH-CHD) as its co-Chair, the RIATF-R2 as a policy-making body is in-charge to formulate and ensure the implementation of guidelines and measures that will safeguard the health and well-being of the people in the region.
The RIATF, a separate and distinct body from Regional Task Force COVID-19 (RTF-COVID 19), is composed of the Regional Offices of the following member-agencies: DOJ, DOLE, DOT, DICT, OWWA, LTFRB, DTI, DEPED, DENR, DA, CHED, DBM, DSWD, NEDA, NCIP, PIA, PNP and AFP. Under the RIATF are 1) Screening and Validation Committee headed by DILG R2, the 2) Regional Task Force-COVID 19 with the Office of the Civil Defense (OCD) R2 as its Chair, and 3) Secretariat headed by the DILG as well.
Since its establishment last May 14, the RIATF held four (4) organizational meetings to ensure that policies are in place to prevent, mitigate and/or contain the spread of the Coronavirus disease, and secure the coordination and unified implementation of all plans, policies, guidelines and procedures in Region 2.
Consequently, the RIATF formulated the following issuances for the implementation of all LGUs in the Cagayan Valley region and for compliance of NGAs concerned:
- Advisory No. 01 - “Strict Observance of Guidelines/Policies on the Travel/Movement of Frontline Personnel and other Government Officials and Employees”
- Resolution No. 01 - “Establishment of the Cagayan Valley Regional Inter-Agency Task Force – Region 2 (CV-RIATF)
- Resolution No. 02 - “Recommending the Modification of the Community Quarantine Status of the Province of Batanes from Moderate General Community Quarantine to Low-risk General Community Quarantine”
- Resolution No. 03 - “Adopting and Supporting the Privacy Guidelines on the Processing and Disclosure of COVID-19 Related Data for Disease Surveillance and Response per DOH and NCP JMC No. 2020-0002”
- Resolution No. 04 – “Adopting the Operational Guidelines on the Management of Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) as provided by NTF-COVID 19 Order No. 2020-04”
- Resolution No. 05 – “Endorsing to the Regional Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, through its Chairman, the Office of the Civil Defense RO2, the Enforcement of the DOLE-DTI Interim Guidelines on Workplace Prevention and Control of COVID-19”
The issuances above may be viewed at the DILG R2 website thru link bit.ly/riatf-r2.(SOURCE: DMO IV JERLYN M. GARAN)